The Offical Genius Car, the Acura MDX has potentially come on the market. It’s sad and I hate to sell it and I may not sell it, but I will likely have to. This sucks so bad and I really, really don’t want too. Life and circumstances change and I’m just not rich enough to have an extra $20,000 laying around the house. By Wednesday July 7th I will likely have either
1) Brokered a 2013 black leather/black exterior MDX to somebody. It is potentially to good of a deal to pass up. This car qualifies for Uber black and it is potentially a great deal. It is already a good deal.
2) Buy this MDX for myself for my own Uber black car. I’m 90% sure that this is the direction my life is going. I’ve got 95% of the plan worked out and it is at the operational stages of planning. I still really need to talk to Seth and Joshua I’m at the point of looking for potential drivers and figuring out the commission splits.
3) If I don’t buy this MDX for myself, auction closes Tuesday 10:00 a.m MST then I have to figure out if I need to look for another one or get this car “dipped”. For the non auto informed and count myself among you until about a month or two ago. Thank you Mark Justice and Breck for pointed me out to the idea of dipping and directing me in the right direction. The MDX won’t be back from it’s back to back rentals (BOO YAH Jim Cramer) until Wednesday morning. I’ve already got two people lined up to look at it on Wednesday. If somebody offers me full price of what I am looking for do I need to sell it anyway? I am an autobroker and an entrepreneur in the automobile and “share economy”, why should I have a schools love and infatuation with a car? If I don’t sell it Wednesday can I get it dipped and dry by Saturday morning when it’s next Relay Rides car rental in Denver for a luxury SUV?
What is either really good or really bad depending on how things turn out is this car has future rentals booked. Since just June 25th and July 7th at 8:00 am this car will have generated $667.50 with three different rentals. The problem is it has two future rentals it will be out July 11th through the 18th and later on in the month from the 23rd through the 27th. If the MDX is able to complete these rentals it will earn another $427.25 for me or it’s new owner.
This might be the first sale in history of automobiles where it comes with a revenue stream. Call Wikipedia! Now a few things would need to happen:
1) The person who buys the car would have to agree to sign up for Relay Rides and agree to rent the car at this price.
2) The currently scheduled renters would have to agree to keep the same terms and the pick-up and drop-off points need to work for both parties.
3) Relay Rides would need to cooperate which I’m sure they would.
This post has a wide variety of target audiences. The most important are the future renters and Relay Rides.
Nothing has happened yet, but I want to give as much notice as possible to all parties.